Thursday, July 17, 2008

Waxahachie, Texas




Once again, today Roger had meetings all day. Gertie and I headed out around 10:00 for Waxahachie, Tx. I bet you are wondering what on earth was Patty doing going there...its soooooooooooooooo cute. I had seen on the internet a quilt store called Common Thread in this little town and wanted to explore. It was about an hour from where we are staying and to be honest I have no clue how I got there and back, but Gertie does!!!! I wish I would have had all my shopping buddies with me. The quilt store was really nice, the quilts were gorgeous. After drooling over all of them and wondering when I'll ever have time to finish my second quilt, I headed to the antique stores. They were wonderful, I could have hauled home at least a car full if not more, they had so many treasures, had lunch inside one of the shops at a little place called Two Sister's Cafe, hey sister we ought to do that!!!! Not only was the sandwich to die for, but they specialize in CUPCAKES.....yes of course I had one!!! It was set inside an antique store and the sister that made my sandwich was so sweet. We've noticed that the people in Texas are so gracious and kind, guess its that southern hospitality. Anyway, it was a fun day, finally found some cute stores!!!




Roger and I attended a banquet in the evening and then came back to our room and started packing up. We leave this afternoon for Dalhart, Texas where ever that is. We are making the big turn and heading home. Can't wait to see Lady!!!!




I'll keep you "posted"




No comments: