Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dallas...Wow!!!!

This was our first full day in Dallas. Roger had meetings all day, yuk for him the alarm went off at 6:30.....didn't bother me, rolled over and slept until after 8:00. Although, his morning wasn't too exciting, I spent mine drinking coffee, chatting on line with Katie, reading my book and finally in the shower at 10:30....yes for those who know me I did not take my shower the second my eyes opened!!!!!

I met Roger for lunch and then headed out being led my "Gertie" our new friend....also known as a GPS!!!! She took me past some absolutely amazing mansions in a beautiful area of Dallas...at least I think it was Dallas and we ended up at Pottery Barn for Kids, Crate and Barrel, etc.. Yes I did have fun although it was about 95 and extremely humid. I got back and Roger arrived about an hour later

We headed to downtown Dallas to the place where JFK was assassinated, it really struck deep with both of us. We each remembered where we were when we heard the awful news and to be there was truly an experience we won't soon forget. We were both so bummed that we forgot the camera but I did take a couple picitures on my phone...now one of our kids will have to help us download it to the computer.....Hint hint!!!!! Afterward, as we were driving back for dinner, we hit a HUGE down pour and big big lightening.....it was so cool. We had dinner, walked around a very large outlet mall and now are in for the night.

Good night and sweet dreams...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hi guys! It looks like your having a blast. I just love checking your blog each day! I can't wait to see more pictures! We miss you!

Love,
Krissy