Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grand Canyon...yes it is Grand

We made it...what an amazing day today was. I woke up at 5:30 with Roger looking at me saying "are you ready to go to the Grand Canyon"!!! Well sure, I love getting up early...so up we did, got ready and headed out. Our first stop was a wonderful little place called The Campus Bean in Flagstaff, AZ. It was perfect for us, wonderful latte, Roger had a great looking omelet and I had a wholewheat-sunflower bagel. We enjoyed our breakfast and then headed to the Grand Canyon. Its amazing to us how green and lush parts of Arizona are. Anyway, we arrived and were overwhelmed...it is truly a wonder. Oh my goodness....we just hopped from view point to viewpoint totally amazed. It is huge and way down at the bottom you see this green...which Roger pointed out is the Colorado River. We had a wonderful day, we are hot and tired but thrilled to have had such a fun day.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow, I can tell that you, unlike Dave, you didn't think it was "just the same big hole in the ground" after the 15th view point? LOL Sounds like you're having fun. Miss you. Love, Anne