Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicago


We left Middleton, Wisconsin Monday morning and headed north to Menasha, the home of Primitive Gatherings. Oh my goodness, it was so fun to actually be there. I called my friend, Anne, and together we shopped the store. She was on the internet checking to see what, if anything, she wanted and I was busy gathering...what else do you do at a place called "Primitive Gatherings" Roger and I drove around the town, amazed once again at all the wonderful homes and the immaculate yards, certainly pride of ownership is alive and well in Wisconsin.
We headed back down south and made it to Chicago around 4:00. We are staying at the Marriott which is where Roger's employer is putting us up. It isn't any place I would choose but we don't have a choice so we are here.
Yesterday, we spent the entire day (9:30-11:00) in Chicago. We headed to the Navy Pier and decided the best way to see the most is in a tour. We rode around the city for at least 2 hours seeing the magnificent archtecture throughout the city as well as learning all the history of this busy, busy place. Of course, we drove by Oprah's condo and yes I did take pictures. We had lunch at Portillo's, really fun, typical Chicago place, walked and walked and walked until we made it back to the pier. We took an evening riverboat ride up the Chicago River seeing all the skyscrapers lit up, what a sight it was!!!!! We had planned to continue the tour today...but with 94 degress abd high humidty we decided to just stay local. We went to Woodfield Mall, walked around, had lunch at Cheesecake Factory and came back to our room exhausted. Roger had a dinner meeting and I stayed in our room and did nothing!!!
We've had a great time so far and are so thankful that we've been able to do this trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience.. Chicago is one of the very beautiful place and when I was there I enjoyed each day over there with my family.. I traveled there in the month of August and it was quite warm weather that time..
Finnair Flights