Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Adventure


Thursday, Roger had meetings all day so I decided to do some exploring. I ran across a blog from a quilt shop in Fox River Grove, Il, so I googled it and found it to be only 40 minutes from our hotel. I plugged the address into "Gerty" the GPS and off I went. First stop, Paneras...oh my gosh they are everywhere back here. I think I've seen at least 10 if not more. Pieceful Gatherings was wonderful, more primitive like I like and wool....good amount of wool. The picture is of her shop...so neat!! I talked to the shop owner, she was very sweet and told me about a couple other quilt shops. Sooooooooooooooo...Gerty guided me to A Touch of Amish and then to The Quilt Merchant which again had wool and patterns. The lady in the Quilt Merchant was so sweet, we chatted for a bit, really a cute shop!!!
We left Chicago yesterday for Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The drive was so pretty, lots and lots of corn, I mean LOTS of corn and beautiful farms....but its really hot and humid. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse came back too our room and crashed!!!
Today we are off to the Amana Colonies, my sister has been there and loved it so I'm sure I will too. Its hot and humid so we will be drinking alot and sweating...YUK!!!! I hate to sweat.
We should be home in a week :)

No comments: