Wednesday, September 23, 2009



Yesterday was full of exercise, I'm not kidding. We started off the day at Meeks Bay. We "launched" the kayak at the beach and paddled our way around the shore checking out beautiful lake homes and water so clear you could see the bottom. I'm not sure there is anything more beautiful than Lake Tahoe. Of course there is, but I just can't think of what that might be. We enjoyed about 2 hours out in the kayak, it was so fun and relaxing. I told Roger he could just row and I'd read and relax, however, I didn't bring a book so we both paddled around. We loaded up the kayak after a brief rest and headed to Vikingsholm at Emerald Bay. We hiked down the one mile road to the Vikingsholm. Talk about a gorgeous setting, Lora Knight build this home in the early 1900's and it is a Scandinavian design although she was English, she loved the architecture. We took the tour, loved it, couldn't believe some of the things in the kitchen....my collectibles!!!!! After our tour, we had to hike the one mile back up to the road, it was quite a hike but we did it....we felt we had our fill of exercise so stopped at McDonald's for ice cream....great day!!!!

No comments: